This blog discusses how to create the external content type, that you can use directly in
your SharePoint pages.
I will create the following external content types.
1. Schedule view – Manage the schedules
2. Teacher view – Manage the availability of teachers
3. Admin view – All interviews, both booked and not booked. All CREATE, READ, UPDATE,DELETE
4. Teacher view – All interviews that have been booked. READ, UPDATE
5. Parent view – All interviews that have not been booked. READ, UPDATE
Let’s create a new external content type.
Go to SharePoint Designer. Navigate to your site, and click new External Content
Name the External Content Type, and then specify the datasource.
When you choose the datasource, connect with an Impersonated Windows Identity.
Specify the name of the Secure Store.
Right click the table you wish to make a list for, and follow through the wizard
Create the new list for your site.