I found a website that contains 34 case studies across a range of business types, both big and small. These case studies review the ROI for social media for each of these companies based on:
- Shorter Sales Cycles
- New Leads
- Improved company operations
- Innovations that resulted in a better way to do business
These ROI measures, however, are not the only ROI social media measures. Table 1.0 lists possible social media benefits that may be measured.
In these studies, a stronger ROI is most likely when:
1. The organisation’s social media strategy is based on the business problem.
2. Social media is used comprehensively as part of a well formed strategy.
3. The social media strategy is applied specifically in unique ways for customer engagement and brand relationship.
Table 1.0 – Social Media benefits and possible measures.
Please feel free to suggest further links and experiences relating to ROI and social media