How to implement Social Media use in your School (Q3 –2011)
Social Media Tag Cloud (What is a tag cloud?)
If you want to find out all you need to know about Social Media use in schools, then this following 19 part blog series is for you. In this series, my blogs closely follow the elements of the Enterprise 2.0 Implementation Framework. Although this series of blogs is about implementing social media in your school, as an individual user, you will find resources and potential uses of social media to aid in your individual teaching practice.
For more information on the Enterprise 2.0 framework try Ross Dawson
Topics in this series include:
UNDERSTANDING DRIVERS FOR AN ENTERPRISE 2.0 IN SCHOOLS
- Organisational Drivers for the Enterprise 2.0 model within schools.
- Applications of Social Media in Schools.
- Key Risks of Social Media use in Schools (Part 1), (Part 2).
- Key Barriers to the use of Social Media in Schools (Part 1), (Part 2)
- Mapping internal stakeholders and the current culture within the school.
CREATING AND ENABLING FRAMEWORK FOR YOUR SCHOOL
- Defining the vision for the use of Social Media in schools.
- Key sources of competitive advantage for your school.
- Creating the governance framework for the use of Social Media tools in your school.
- Creating policies for the use of social media in your school.
- Communicating the social media use policy in your school.
- Building the business case for the use of social media in your school.
- Creating your first social media pilot project.
- Identifying support champions.
- Leverage Administration teams communication and participation.
- Implement enterprise grade software.
DRIVE ADOPTION AND VALUE
- Assess pilot projects: broaden close or modify.
- Communicating the success stories in your school.
- Running broad based user adoption initiatives for your school.
- Driving ongoing culture change program.